Friday, February 13, 2009

Vexing Viruses

Many of you may be wondering why our blog has been so neglected lately. And the reason is due to viruses, two different types, actually: COLD and COMPUTER.
For the past few weeks we have been dealing with such a massive amount of computer viruses, that Mom and Dad's computer completely shut down -- to the point that the hard drive wasn't even accessible. And then our computer became inundated with so many viruses that we couldn't even access one program or website. The viruses were running the computer. Both computer were taken in to the shop to be repaired and it was several days before we had any kind of functioning computer in the house. Fortunately, all our computer cost to fix was $24 and an old laptop that was useless to us because it needed a completely new hard drive, which would have cost us $225. ---Long story short, the computer viruses caused a lot of trouble since we couldn't take care of things like computer homework, invoices and so on.
Plus I haven't looked at anyone's blogs in about two weeks...and now the thought is a little overwhelming, since I know you've all been added to them. I'll have a lot to catch up on.
---Then, on top of that we've all been plagued by the cold virus. It all started with Versii, who passed it to me, who passed it to Josh, who passed it to Dad, and now Kaden has it. We're mostly all better now, but we all still have a little bit of a cough hanging on.
Here are the kids a few weeks ago playing in their new ball pit. --Another great thrift store find. The kids have just loved it. And as you can imagine, we constantly have balls all over the house.



Next order of business: Is our child going to be a juvenile delinquent?
The answer: Not if I can help it!
Kaden's school called the other day and he was in the nurses office. He said he didn't feel well and so I went and picked him up early from school. As soon as he got in the car, he says, "I think I just need to eat." --So when we got home I made him a bowl of spaghetti O's. He was starting to get the cold we all had and he never will eat soup. --But anyway, I sat him down at the table to eat and went upstairs to take care of some things. Apparently, while I was upstairs, Kaden decided to scratch an "X" into Mom's new dining room table, with a spoon. It looks very much like something a child would do to a cafeteria table...and I contest that this must be behavior he learned at school. --I was pretty mad when I found it. Mom was a lot nicer about it. She explained to him that if he had done something like that to some one's fence or house or something that the police would come and he could go to jail. (This scared him, of course.) Plus he had to gift Grandma something that he really loved to help make up for the mistake --He has lost his XBox for an unknown length of time.

Here's something funny:
We installed one of those child locks on the pantry door, mostly because Versii wreaks so much havic if he can access all the can and jars of food.
So the other day, Josh went in the pantry to get something and apparently he switched the lock back into position --thinking he would forget to do it when he exited the pantry. --While he was in their, Versii walked in and closed the door behind him.
Mom and I were in the living room watching a movie and we're hearing all this knocking/pounding going on. And we kind of thought Josh was just playing some game with Versii. But the pounding sound was becoming annoying, so I went to investigate and found them locked in the pantry.
Josh is officially the first to be locked in the pantry. Every time I think about it, I laugh!

While I was taking a picture of the child lock and scratched table, Versii was following me around saying "Cheee" -- Every time he see the camera he stops and says "cheee," it's really cute, so I had to take a picture or two.


Last of all, another thing that has been monopolizing my time is the Zune.
I recently got a Zune and I must say, if I had known how really great it would be to have an MP3 player, I would have insisted I have one years ago. I have added 1724 songs loaded into my Zune right now, from 287 CDs. And I still haven't finished loaded them all. But fitting 287+ CD's into a device the size of my cell phone is pretty awesome!
I love my music! And now it's just become a lot more accessible then ever before!
Anyway, I love my Zune!
And I'll give Josh the credit...it was his suggestion to buy one. But, now he has so many songs in "my" zune, that he might just have his own soon. Since I'm not very good at sharing.

5 comments:

Clayton and Camea said...

Yuck! I wonder if that's what happened to our old computer, it would just randomly turn off, and then finally it wouldn't turn on at all. I'm really mad too, because there are some pictures on there that I hadn't put"saved" anywhere else. if it only took 24 to fix that's not bad! Where did you take it?

Colds are no fun, Evelyn has one now and I'm hopeing she doesn't share since my surgery is in 10 days. She has an ear infection too and is now on antibiotics.

That zune looks fun! I want one! (same goes for bouncy ball fun too)

And wow! Versaii is getting so big! I can't believe it, he's looking so grown up!!!

Anonymous said...

Glad to see your back! Hope you all feel better. And can we get a belly pic? :)

Love,

Chelsie

Linds said...

That pantry story is hilarious. I love that it took you a while to realize what it was. Oh, thanks for the laugh. Sorry Josh.

The Lara Family said...

I'm glad that your computers are working now. I missed my favorite sister's blog updates. Josh got what he deserves in my opinion!

The Fullmers Four said...

It is good to hear from you. Thanks for the update. That is good parenting with the table. Tom will love that story. for some reason he likes to hear creative punishments for kids. I don't know why. It will be interesting to see what he does when Owen does naughty things.