Monday, March 9, 2009

Pacificas and Pacifiers

With the upcoming birth of our 3rd little boy. We decided that we might need a car with more seating space. So, we sold the Buick...for the same amount we paid for it 3 years ago. The Buick was a good car for us. But we didn't want to cram all 3 car seats in the backseat of the car. My stipulation with the new car was that it had to have a third row seat...and it does. We now have a Crysler Pacifica...and it's blue. (My favorite color.) --Anyway, technically it has the same amount of seats as the Buick. Since the buick had a bench seat in the front and we could have put someone in the middle, up front, but it would have been really squishy. So the pacifica has 6 seats: 2 up front, 2 in the middle and 2 in the back. So when the new baby comes along, we'll put the 2 younger ones in the middle seats (caption chairs) and we'll put Kaden in the very back. Then that will leave one extra seat, for the time we really need it. --Basically the car is the same size as the buick was, but with more seat space and less trunk space. Josh is missing the buick already. He says the seats were more comfortable and he liked the way it drove. But you have to do what you have to do. I've never actually ridden in it yet...but I will someday.

Out with the old and in with the new.

8 comments:

Brenda said...

Wow, what a pretty car. I am a sucker for the 2004 and earlier model chrysler 300m . I like Chrysler but Tom likes GMC. I really like the color it is a great blue. When is the baby due?

Daya said...

Nice car!! We are getting a new one too. We are going the minivsn route though. Unfortunately our car won't fit 3 car seats. We've tried. Oh well. I am excited to get a new one soon.

Anonymous said...

I love your new car! A new house, car and baby, your doing good :)

Love ya Joy :)

The Fullmers Four said...

how nice. I want one.

The Lara Family said...

Wow, that is nicer than I thought your penny pinching husband would go for. Congrats!

Linds said...

Ooh, I like it a lot! Very pretty and swanky looking.

Jeff and Amy said...

Love the car - very pretty!

Joshua and Joy said...

Brenda, the baby's due on May 30th...not soon enough for me.