Thursday, February 3, 2011

Camping in Silver Falls - Dec 26th-27th

December 26th and 27th -
Silver Falls State Park, Sublimity, Oregon
Believe it or not...this was our first family camping trip.
Usually, Josh just takes Kaden and Versii. (Sometimes all the boys.) And after I'm all excited about having time to myself, he'll say, "Do you want to come with us?" ---My answer is usually, "no." But this time I said, "yes." During the winter, when the boys go camping they usually get a cabin or a yurt. In the summer we'll set up our tent.
And it was our first trip with my new camera, the Canon EOS Rebel T2i. I love it!
(My Christmas & anniversary present from my dear Hubby! Thanks love!)

We had an uninvited cabin-mate.
We came back from dinner and found this little guy in our cabin.


Yes, we were testing out the timer and just couldn't get the focus right.
But Josh loves this picture, so here it is.

Love this one!



Puddles of fun!
Early in the morning, when Josh and I didn't want to venture to the bathroom with the boys, we sent them out to pee in the large puddle to the right of the cabin. Versii said, "It's so fun to pee in the puddle! And Kaden said, "I just really like my bathroom at home." --Yes, me too Kaden.
And the boys had a great time stomping and splashing in another big puddle!
(Not the "potty puddle", just to clarify.)
It rained non-stop the entire time we were there, so large pond-like puddles were in abundance. :)


Check out Paxton, falling into puddle behind
Kaden! That spot in the puddle was waist-deep on him.



No comments: