Thursday, December 1, 2011

Girl Crazy

October 8, 2011 - I have a sister-in-law, pregnant with her first, a baby girl. After talking to my Mother-in-law, who mentioned that she might like a quilt and that she planned to use animal prints & bright colors within the nursery design. I decided to make her a t-shirt quilt. The quilt front is made entirely from recycled t-shirts. The back and borders are made from leopard print fleece. And then I thought, why not make matching pillows. And how fun would it be to make her some little headbands and a matching t-shirt skirt. I may have gone a little crazy, but since I have only boys...I rarely have need to make cute things for girls. I had a lot of fun & love how everything turned out.

L: I pieced together an owl with button eyes for a little added detail.
R: t-shirt headbands with a twisted flower.
Here is the front and back of my first baby t-shirt skirt.

No comments: