Monday, January 21, 2013

Snow Days Do Exist!

January 12, 2013
There has been accumulated snow on the ground here in Utah since a few days before Christmas.  This day, they cancelled school for the first time.  I was told that they almost never cancel school here.  But we had received over a foot and a half overnight and the kids were scheduled to have a half day.  So I think that may have played a part in the decision to close.
Unfortunately, the kids didn't really go out to enjoy it, since they were sick and I didn't want them to get worse.  
Also, I'd like to note, that shoveling that much snow is quite the workout. And I do not much enjoy the incline of our driveway...slipped and fell twice while I was trying to shovel it.  ;)

1 comment:

AJ Candrian said...

It's true... they usually never cancel school for snow. I think they only cancelled it once while I was growing up. You picked a fun first year to live in Utah! :) Stay safe (and warm)!