Sunday, October 27, 2013

Harvest Party

 This year Josh and I had a Halloween Party to attend, so I decided that we should dress up as a flower and a bee.  I've always thought that would be fun.
Here's my inspiration:
Our costumes in progress...
I used some silk organza I had in my fabric stash and cut small yellow strips from a yellow t-shirt to make my flower.  Then I attached it to a headband.  Then I found a green sweater and cut a strip from a green t-shirt for the stem and stitched on some leaves.  For Josh's costume, I sewed yellow t-shirt strips to a black shirt and made his wings from some netting and electrical wire.  (Just after we took the pictures of Josh, I added a fourth stripe to the back.)  I love how they turned out!  Simple, comfortable, yet easily identifiable.
 ***
 October 26, 2013
The boys all dressed up for our ward Harvest Party.
A Black Ninja, Yoshi, and A Pirate
 I picked myself a cute little strawberry.
This is my friend Liv's little girl, Frances.
I just love her!  She is adorable!
 Kaden wanted to look like he'd been in a fight, with cuts, dirt and bruises on his face.  So I used some lip liner and Halloween makeup to help him achieve his goal.  Apparently, when one of his friends asked how he got the black eye, he replied, "My Mom did that!"

1 comment:

Xoxo Grandma said...

Your costumes are really cute Joy!