Saturday, November 16, 2013

Two Little Cubs

 November 16, 2013
This morning I finished these baby quilts for our soon-to-be-born twin nephews.  I usually just cut the squares from recycled t-shirts, but this time I added in a little plaid, sweater and corduroy. Although the addition of corduroy is tricky, and one I might not do again, as it is the only fabric that didn't have much stretch.  
 I used wool felt for their names.
They are edged in a chocolate fleece.
The back is a fleece called "orange true timber."
Jake and Heather are going with a cabin/lodge-like hunter theme with bears for the nursery.  So I think the design of the fleece goes perfectly with the theme.
Next, I'll be working on some baby hats and then I'll send them off to the new parents.

1 comment:

Xoxo Grandma said...

I really love these. You are amazing & so creative.