Saturday, June 7, 2014

5th Grade Wedding Scandal

May 16, 2014

So, here's my Wedding Scandal story:

Shortly after I dropped Kaden off for his first Scout Camp out, I received a phone call from his Principal.  He explained that he wanted to inform me of a non-violent incident that had occurred at school that day.  He went on to say that Kaden and a female student had apparently decided to perform a marriage ceremony for themselves at recess.  He said that a lot of students were involved and that it had been interrupted.  So they tried to complete the ceremony after school, causing a lot of commotion and several students to loiter about, instead of getting on their buses or walking home.  ---The Principal then went on to say, that no disciplinary action had been taken, but he planned to talk to each student involved on Monday and may make them do community service around the school.  He wanted them to know that behavior like that is not only inappropriate at school, but that they do not need to be thinking about marriage at this age.

---To that fact, I do agree.  The thought of Kaden getting  married in the 5th Grade, when he had never expressed interest in said girl, was a surprise to me.  But I explained that I would talk to him.

When Kaden came home he explained what actually happened:

He said that during math a kid came up to him and said, "Congratulations!"
Kaden: "Why?"
Kid: "Oh, didn't you hear, you're getting married today?"  Kaden: "No I'm not.  I'm not getting married until I'm 30."
Kid: "Well get ready, cause today's your wedding day."
Kaden said that he didn't want to hear anymore about it.  He then says that science went by without a problem and then they went to recess.  At recess, he got mobbed by a bunch of kids that were pushing him around talking about his wedding.  ---At that point, a recess supervisor saw him and sent him to the music room for the remainder of recess.  (That's where the supposed marriage was interrupted.)  Then Kaden said that after school, some of his friends told him he better get out-of-here, that a group of kids was coming for him.  So he said at that he ran and grabbed Versii and they came home as soon as they could.

Funny thing is that I asked him, "What happened at school today?"  And he never thought to mention any of this to me.  Kaden said he was kind of creeped out by the whole situation and didn't want to talk about it. 

---So, Kaden and I went to see the Principal first thing Monday morning to clear up the misunderstanding that Kaden had any thing to do with it, other than being the target.  He said that he would talk to everyone involved and make sure that something like this did not happen again.  And he gave Kaden permission to come hang out in the office during recess, as he was feeling a little worried about what might happen next.  

I just find it so crazy that 11 year old kids are thinking about stuff like this.  I'm sure this story will go down on record as Kaden's craziest school story, involving the Principal.  

2 comments:

Xoxo Grandma said...

Poor kid! Crazy story!

AJ Candrian said...

Whaaaat?! Hilarious.