Thursday, July 2, 2015

Inside Our Home: The Master Suite

The master suite is just off of the living room.
 The french doors open onto the covered porch.
Through the door on the left of the photo is the master bath.  The space where the master bath is now was originally a bedroom.
I must admit, the master bath is my favorite room in the house.  The vanity is a vintage piece we picked up at an antique store in Portland.  We had Dad convert the drawers to fit the sink plumbing so they could still be usable.  The vanity and the caprese light I bought from West Elm, might be my favorite elements in our bathroom.  I did most of the tile work around the bathtub myself and Josh did the tile work in the shower.  I still need to grout the tile around the tub.  But I love how everything turned out.
We closed off another portion of the covered back porch to create a spacious walk-in closet.  I love having so much space.  Sadly, I only left one third of the closet to Josh, but I don't think he minds too much.  We would like to build more shelving in the future, but for now it can wait.


No comments: