Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Celebrating 10 Years!

February 16, 2016
Josh and I celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary this year!  Happy Anniversary to my amazing husband!  We've been through so much in the last decade and I love you more each day!  Thanks for loving me so unconditionally!
Josh wrote this to me on our anniversary:
"3 children, 6 moves, numerous jobs, cars, classes, remodels, and this sweet, audacious women did it all.  I pray all may have a love resembling ours.  She is who I live for.  All of me to you, as unbecoming and repugnant as I find myself occasionally.  I love you more dynamically today then the day we were married!"
And he wrote me a beautiful song, some time I'll have to figure out how to record a version that I can share, until then here are the lyrics:
Joy's 10 yr song
V: There you are with your arms around me. Fading fast like our memories. Holding down this tree fort surrounding. All of us, no, just the two of us.
V2: 10 years now what else will be coming? Like a storm, sometimes overwhelming. What matters now, is all surrounding, all of us, no, just the two of us.

Chorus: 10 years flew by in the blink of an eye the moment I met you. Who would've known we spend, an eternity in love, as the gods of love, as the gods in love, as God loves.
V3: There you are with your arms around me. In the sun, somewhat overwhelming. As the tide, draws, with your eyes. Overwhelmed. Just the two of us.
CH2: 10 years flew by in the blink of an eye the moment I met you. Who would've known we'd spend, an eternity in love, as the gods of love, as the gods in love, as God loves.
 We went out on a nice date downtown and out to dinner at Ruth Chris.  Dinner was great, as usual, and they even gave us a handwritten Anniversary card.  Special thanks to Mom for watching the boys while we went out!  

No comments: