Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Surprise Trip to Utah

September 23, 2016 
I hopped a few stand-by flights out to Salt Lake to meet my sister and surprise my Grandma.  She knew Julie was coming to visit with the baby, but not that I would be joining them.  My flight connected through Las Vegas and for a few hours I thought I might not make it in to Utah until late at night, but at the last minute, they issued my boarding pass and I was on my way.  (Above: I thought it was sweet how our cat Khaleesi careful climbed on and curled up on my bag as soon as I got it out and started getting ready to go.)
 Surprising Grandma!  I love her reaction!  
 Our Aunt Joy was sweet enough to pick us up and take us to Grandma's. 
 Grandma holding her Great Granddaughter Brielle for the first time.


Paxton meeting Brielle through FaceTime.
 Sweet sleeping Brielle.  Love her so much!

 Aunt Gail meeting Brielle.
 Three generations of "Joy" and Brielle.  
Julie, Brielle, and I with Grandma, Elizabeth and Aunt Gail.

 Lizzy stayed one night with us.  Here she is flashing me a shot of her boyfriend on video chat.  Love you Lizzy!
 September 24, 2016
 At church with Grandma.  I'm wearing the dress Grandma made in knit class years ago.  
 After church, my cousin Wendy, her son CJ and Aunt Gail came for dinner at Grandma's.  
I had so much fun hanging out with everyone in Utah.  We ate lots of great food, spend hours watching Hallmark movies, snuggling baby Bri, playing Skip-Bo with Grandma and even did a little shopping.  Thanks for inviting me out Julie!  Thanks for letting me stay Grandma!  And thanks to Josh for holding down the fort in my absence!  Love you all!

No comments: