Sunday, January 18, 2009

Heavenly Father's Plan for Me

I've really been thinking about Heavenly Father's plan for me.  When I was younger I only planned to have 2 children.  And of course, I wanted one boy and one girl. Then I received my patriarchal blessing and it specifically talked about the choice spirits that would come into my home and how they would grow up to be honorable men and women.  It also specifically said the words, "in mortality."  At that point, I can remember thinking, "but I only wanted two - this means I have to have four."  Men and women are both plural.  So I guess that I figured in my head that I would eventually have 2 of each.  We already had Kaden and then came Versii.  So I figured this one would have to be a girl.  I never thought that I would ever have 3 boys.  I imagine now that this means I will end up having 5 children some day.  Having that many children is not something that I planned on, but Heavenly Father's plan for us is not always what we plan for ourselves.  
When I found out I was pregnant with this baby, I felt like it wasn't the right time.  In the back of my mind I did want another baby, I just never thought it would be now.  I know that I've spent a lot of time complaining.  I really do hate being pregnant.  But I am happy for this baby.  I'm one of those people who wants a baby, but I don't want to go through all work of actually bringing them into the world.  Pregnancy is definitely one of life's trials for me.  And thinking about how I'm going to sanely survive raising 3 boys is going to be another one of life's trials for me.  "He never said it would be easy, He just said it would be worth it."  Right?
And I have been thinking about why it is that some of us get pregnant when we don't want to be and others of us who desperately want children cannot get pregnant or lose their babies before they even get a chance to come into this world.  Heavenly Father is the only one who knows the exact answer.  I constantly have to be reminded that everything happens on His time, not ours.  There's always a lesson to be learned.  For some it's patience and for some it's understanding.  The blessings in any case are always there, we just don't always realise them right away.  Unfortunately, for me, I sometimes need reminders that Heavenly Father knows what's best for us, even if we don't know it ourselves.  This baby right now, is part of His plan and although I don't know all of the reasons why, I know that this baby will bring many blessings into our home.  So I'm going to resolve to be happy for what's to come.
Plus I suppose that we were sort of destined to have 3 boys.  One of Josh's best friends has 3 boys and one of my best friends has 3 boys.  What's funny is that each of our best friends last names our "Smith," both of them honeymooned, with their spouses, in Steamboat, Colorado, both of them live in Colorado and they each have 3 boys.  

9 comments:

Jeff and Amy said...

That is so true. I have to sit back sometimes and remember that everything happens in the Lord's time, not mine, and that He knows what is best for me. During my trials I feel like everything sucks, then later I see the multiple blessings that come because of my trials.

Clayton and Camea said...

Love you, Joy.

Holly Lujan said...

Amy is so right! When you are going through a trial it is hard to see the eternal perspective and understand why certain things happen, but you will look back someday and be grateful.

Linds said...

Amen! You are so awesome, and you are going to be an awesome mommy of three beautiful little boys. And have you ever thought that maybe the reference to men and women meant your son's wives. As in daughter's-in-law? Who knows? Only Heavenly Father!

Lacey said...

Three boy's, isn't life funny! I always feel like the Lord made a mistake when I have moments like this but later on I coe to realize it was me who had it all wrong! you are going to do great with these boys, maybe you are just good at raising missionaries for the last days!?! Anyways let me know if there is anything I can do to leand a hand while you are pregnant.

Anonymous said...

Oh Joy, your exactly right! I hope my last comment didnt make you mad! :(

I know everything is on Heavenly Fathers time, and sometimes its just slower than the time we want! :)

Love You!

Joshua and Joy said...

Good point Lindsey. I really do want my own girl though. I never thought about it that way before.

...And Chelsie, I wasn't mad, but it did make me think about how sometimes I can be so selfish in my thinking. I should learn to be more grateful.

The Lara Family said...

You will still have a girl someday Joy. I just know it!

The Fullmers Four said...

It is true. Heavenly Father is the only one who know what we have coming our way. I know that it is not fun now being pregnant, but one day you will look back and wont be able to imagine life with out your 3 boys, and you will be so glad that you have them.