Sunday, April 19, 2009

April Update...

Joshua has been busy going to school. He's in his 4th term and it should be ending on June 8th, I believe. He's also been working part-time, on his days off from school, at a CPA firm. And when he's not at school or work, these days he's been busy building a guitar. He's been playing guitar for 15+ years, but this is his first time ever to be making one. He's been learning a lot about guitars that he never knew before. He's been photographing the stages as he works, but didn't really want me to post any pictures until he's completely done. I figure that this picture doesn't really give much away...it still leaves a lot to the imagination.

Kaden is about to turn 6 next month and has almost completed Kindergarten. He's been really enjoying school, thanks in part to his teacher and his friends. And he's reading at or above a 2nd grade level, which is really exciting. It's really hard to get him to tell me anything that he learned, but every once in awhile he will randomly start telling me about something he learned. For instance, he must have really loved learning about simple machines, because one day he was building with his blocks and made a lever, and told me all about it. --For those of you who really know Kaden, he still loves the video games. But he also has a new love for legos. We bought him 2 of those little sets that you can build 3 different things with and he used to follow the directions exactly. But now he is getting really creative. Plus, he just started riding his bike without training wheels and he is really good! ---He's growing up so fast!



Versii will be turning 2 next month and is such a little busy body. He is obsessed with Dora the Explorer and going "bye-bye." He doesn't do it everyday now, but for awhile, every morning when we would be sitting on the couch with his sippy of milk, he would scramble to find the remote, hand it to me and say, "dorda, r u?" It's really cute to see how excited he gets to see Dora and he does the motions and talks with them too. And when anyone is leaving the house, he wants to go with them. --He still doesn't consistantly sleep through the night, but we're working on it. And he really loves his "mamma" and "bappa" (Grandma and Grandpa).

And, as for me, Joy, I am still pregnant. I guess I have 41 days left, until my due date. I'm really hoping that the new little one can arrive early. I know that you're all waiting for a picture of how big I am, and maybe one of these days I get around to it. Let's just say that I am so big, that it's a chore just to get up out of my bed or my chair, let alone lug 25 lb. Versii all over the place. And due to the intense heartburn I get to enjoy, I sleep most of the time sitting up, propped with lots of pillows. ---Besides spending time taking care of the kids, I almost ritually take an afternoon nap when Versii does and I spend a lot of time doing various house work. And sometimes I get to do my blogging and other things that I enjoy. And when that's all done, I'm tired again. ---Plus I can't get enough sugar right now. I love my chocolate! I've got another ultrasound scheduled on April 28th, so we'll see how Paxton is doing then.

4 comments:

Brenda said...

Only 41 days left. Wow, that has got to be exciting. By the last month I was so excited I could hardly sit still waiting for the phone call to tell me Renae was on the way to the hospital. MOst days I could not wait so I would call her until she finally told me to please stop because it was making her upset when I would tell her that today was for sure the day and then it went by. At any rate I can hardly believe Versii is already two. It is good that you have your mom to help. I do not know what Renae would do if she could not drop off Rainey every day for a few hours break. A "few" being the main word here :) Anyway thanks for letting us know how you guys are doing. It really is nice to see what everyone is up too.

tren said...

I can't believe you're that close to having your baby! Then again, I can hardly believe it's been three months since I had mine.

Linds said...

Sounds like you are all doing well. I can't believe you are almost due. Crazy! And I really would like to see a belly picture. Please? Just for me?

Clayton and Camea said...

I can't wait to see Paxton! It's almost over, yay! I can't believe how fast Versaii has grown! 2?? So crazy.

Love ya!