Monday, July 27, 2009

All Good Things Must Come to an End...


So I went to the store today to replace my mascara, and I see this sign that reads:
"Last Chance to purchase Max Factor, Proctor & Gamble will no longer be distributing Max Factor cosmetics in the U.S." --Great, Max Factor: Lash Perfection, was my favorite mascara ever. And now I can no longer buy it...because the color I want is SOLD OUT! Ugh!!!

This isn't the first time I've lost favorite products. Awhile ago, when my sister was having her first baby they started making Balance Go Mix. Toffee Crunch was so good. And I ate the stuff all the time. I ever ate some while Julie was in labor. And I think
Ashlyn's turning 5 in September. ---Anyway, several months later, the stores just stopped carrying it and that was that. I found it online, for $18.99 a box, but it says "DISCONTINUED". What's the point of showing it online if you can't buy it.
Other products I loved, but can no longer get:
-The Starbucks Teazi. They were soooo good too. Like a fruit smoothie, but not too sweet.
-My favorite Lipgloss from Prescriptives.
-Keebler Lemon Cooler cookies.
The list could go on and on....basically as soon as I deem an item my favorite...it looks like the manufacturer will say, "She's hooked, now let's take it away!"

7 comments:

AJ Candrian said...

NO WAY!! I LOVE MAX factor mascara... the kind with the cool plasticy wand? I am so going to track some down tonight to stock up! I hope it's not too late! :)

Brittany said...

Oh no -- I knew Andrea would also be upset about that! :)

The same thing happens to me -- as soon as I start liking a product, they stop making it. I would recommend going on ebay to see if they have the mascara. I used to love Loreal Shine Delice lipstick in Coconut Craze. They stopped making it a few years ago but every now and then I find it on ebay (still in the package, of course).

Xoxo Grandma said...

Okay, so all the girls in our family use that mascara...what are we going to do?
Uncle Mike loves the Mother's Taffy cookies, and they were discontinued for several months and all of a sudden, they are back in production, so I stocked up!
Should we all write to Max Factor? QUICKLY! This is important to our lovely lashes!

Jeff and Amy said...

That is definitely sad. Not only is it crappy when they discontinue something you like, but when it's make up that's just crossing the line!

Daya said...

They always discontinue my favorite shows. You think that means I would start watching less TV but there are so many shows for me to find so they can cancel them.

Linds said...

Aww man, that stinks!!!

Amy Lovell said...

This can't be true. I love that mascara...I'm with Andrea, we're going to go buy out all of Virginia!