Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Oaks Park Summer Reading Reward

The boys were part of the library's Summer Reading Program and as part of completion, they all got coupons for $4 ride bracelets at Oaks Park. Kaden had a lot of fun, but Versii didn't want to ride on any of the rides. We finally got him to go on the motorcycle ride, but as you can see from the pictures, he wasn't even that pleased to be riding. I couldn't even get the kid to ride on the carousel with me. He just only wanted to look at everything. And then I got him to go on the Lewis and Clark ride with Kaden and I. He sat on my lap, but most of the ride was dark and there was a creepy mechanical bear inside...he almost started crying at the end and when we were getting off he just kept saying, "No Bear! No Bear! No Bear..." The poor kid was traumatized. ---I think next year, we'll just send Josh and Kaden. They would have a lot of fun then!









Oh, the one ride
Versii did like was the train that took us around the park. He loves trains and at the end, he figured if he didn't look at us, he wouldn't have to get off.



1 comment:

Linds said...

We never went there when we lived there. I wish we had it looks like lots of fun.