Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Fireworks in Our Backyard

Happy 4th of July 2011!
God bless America & the freedom's we enjoy.
We hadn't planned on doing anything much this year.
With Josh & Kaden out of town and Versii's fear of fireworks, I opted to just stay home.
We did go out to the 4th of July Tribute & breakfast at church.
And after I put the boys to bed, I ventured out in the front yard to find fireworks exploding all around me. Who needs to go to a crowded place anyway, when you can just step outside your front door? Our neighborhood sounded like a war zone with all the cracks & booms. And it did wake the boys once, but they seemed to sleep through most of it. The fireworks were beautiful to watch. And even though I don't know how to work my camera that well yet, I was able to capture a few nice shots, I think.