Monday, July 4, 2011

YW Camp 2011

Cinderella Cabin Photo
L to R: Me (Cabin Mom), Alicia, Katherine (Cabin Mom), Lauryn, Natalie, Amelia, Olivia and Elly (Our Junior Counselor aka JC)
Day 1 - Monday, June 27th
We arrived at camp at 9:30 am to set up & get ready for the girls to arrive.
Our girls arrived at 2 pm. After meeting the girls & unpacking in the cabin, we went for a tour of Camp Angelos.
The theme at camp this year: Princesses
"Destiny to Shine"
Each cabin was named after a Disney Princess.
Always nice to be reminded of our royal birthright.
The Cinderella girls on the camp tour.
Camp tour: visiting the fishing pond.
Waiting for the evening flag ceremony to start.
L to R: Katherine, Elly, Natalie, Amelia, Olivia, Alicia & Lauryn
Our first campfire.
L to R: Nicole & I - My girls (The Cinderella Cabin) performing their first campfire skit.
L: Amelia at campfire having her wish to "see a unicorn" granted.
Day 2 - Tuesday, June 28th - The Early Bird Hike - 7:30 am
1st & 3rd Year girls
R: Ray Evans leading the girls in his favorite camp song, "Pioneer Song" - A favorite camp tradition: Most girls can not think of camp without a memory of singing the Pioneer Song with Ray.
Our views of the Sandy River during our hike.
L to R: Nicole & I - Elly & I
L: Nicole performing with her girls in one of many funny skits at camp fire.
R: Nicole posing with her bulls eye bead after scoring her bulls eye in archery.
Day 3 - Wednesday, June 29th - Yes, we were shooting with Panda Bear bows...but I shot my bulls eye the day before (proof on the right). Special thanks to Ray Evans for teaching us archery.
Hanging out during "free time."

Day 4 - Thursday, June 30th
My crazy girls jumping in the river for the "Polar Bear" dip at 8 am.

I had a great week at camp with old & new friends. I loved being a Mom to my cabin.
It's nice to take a break from the world for a week and be reminded of what really matters in this life. Between our daily scripture reading, Destiny classes, daily devotionals & the fireside on the last night of camp, the Spirit definitely manifested itself unto me. I'm so blessed to have been able to share in this experience.
A special Thank You to my Mom for watching my boys all week while I attended camp.
Thank You to all the Leaders, Staff & Youth Camp Presidency for making this year so memorable!

No comments: