Thursday, December 13, 2012

Christmas Crafting

 December 11, 2012 - I decided to make a wreath for our front door.  
...And it didn't cost me a dime.  
I used some of Josh's electrical wire to form a ring and then collected twigs from our backyard.  I attached them to the ring using some craft wire, then wrapped it with a strand of beads I had stashed in my craft box.  I made the flowers out of some left over flannel, felt and fleece from last year's stocking project.  And tied a bow with some ribbon I had.  
I wasn't sure how it would turn out when I started, since I didn't really have a plan, but I really like it.
Next Friday, Josh's work is having an "Ugly Christmas Sweater" Contest.
So that's been my other project this week.  
I found the sweater, tree, yarn and Santa's at DI -- all for $7.75.
I may still add a little to it, but my boys tell me, "It's not ugly, it's cute!"

No comments: