Monday, February 19, 2018

November's End and December Highlights

November 23, 2017 - We decided to just stay home on our own for Thanksgiving this year.  So we each picked out some favorite foods and just relaxed all day.  All though I spent a little more time in the kitchen then I had anticipated, as I've never prepared all the food on my own before...and somehow completely overlooked the fact that own plan ended up being more work for me HaHa!  We enjoyed turkey, mashed potatoes and gravy, sweet potatoes, shrimp cocktail, corn, BBQ Ribs, brownies and pumpkin roll!  
November 24, 2017 - Traditionally we decorate the tree the day after Thanksgiving and this year the boys wanted to put almost all the ornaments on themselves...  
...And I only rearranged a few. 
 December 10, 2017 
Since I am over Activities in the Relief Society Presidency, I was in charge of helping to plan A Tri-Ward Music Devotional. Luckily, someone else had already taken over planning of the music and program, and we asked people to sign up to bring food, so I just made the invitations and handled decorations.
 I decided to make these cute hand-made beaded star ornaments for the tree.  

 I made some burlap and star ornaments using Christmas hymns. 
 And then I made a bunch of these paper ball ornaments out of Christmas music, to incorporate the music theme into the decorations.  I love how they turned out!
And I even ended up selling several star ornaments and some paper ornaments after the party!
 Paxton came to help me decorate, the day before the event. He was so helpful in decorating the tree, helping to set up chairs and carrying boxes.

 Food on the day of the event and one of the hot chocolate bars.
Versii came to the event with me and was a big help in arranging and setting out food and cleaning up after.
***
December 11, 2017 - Kaden wanted his hair cut and didn't ask until after 9pm.  When I told him I'd do it the next morning, he was so desperate to have it cut right then that he allowed Josh to attempt it!  Don't worry, I stepped in right after the video and finished it up for him.  He was so happy in the end, that he couldn't stop smiling as he looked in the mirror and said, "Finally, this is what I've been wanting all along!"
 December 14, 2017 - Kaden at his troops Court of Honor.
Proudly holding all the shooting awards and targets he earned at Scout Camp over the summer.
Kaden advanced to the rank of Life Scout and earned his Personal Fitness, Rifle Shooting, Cooking, Camping and Painting merit badges.
He earned shooting awards for Marksman, Marksman 1st Class, Pro-Marksman, Sharpshooter, the Dime Club and The Quarter Club.  He spent a lot of his time at the shooting range.
December 15, 2017
 We found Kaden a new sweatshirt at Nordstrom Rack for Christmas and he was so excited, we ended up letting him have it early!
 December 18, 2017 - As a Relief Society, we chose to provide service to the Treasure House, a non-profit group in Camas that provides Christmas dinners and gifts to families in need.  We helped to sort and select donated gifts for the children on the list, based on what they had asked for.  It was a great project and one we hope to do again.  

 December 19, 2017
Paxton made a graham crackers house at school.
 December 20, 2017 - This year Kaden spent his whole Christmas Break down in Colorado.
 This "Merry Christmas" sign is just one of my cute new Christmas decorations that my cousin Maryann sent me.
Thanks Nan!
December 24, 2017
We had originally planned to fly out to Texas on Christmas Eve to spend Christmas with Josh's Mom and siblings, but then we all got sick with bad coughs!  And with Josh's Mom not being in good health, she could not afford to take any chances and possibly get sick, so we ended up changing our flights to Spring Break and staying at home for the rest of the break.  And we had a white Christmas!  It snowed just a little on Christmas Eve.
 Our Christmas Cards this year.  
The back side.
 Christmas Eve.
Christmas morning the boys opened their gifts and then spent the day building their new "big" Lego sets. Versii wanted Lego Batman's Arkham Asylum and Paxton asked for Nexo Knight's Jestro's Volcano Lair.  We spent the rest of the day relaxing together.  
 December 31, 2017: New Year's Eve
Waiting at the airport to pick up Kaden.
Kaden opened his Christmas gifts as soon as he came home.  He had asked for a fancy Xbox controller, so he was excited to open and use it!


No comments: