Saturday, August 4, 2018

May Highlights

 May 2, 2018: The boys and I, along with Versii's friend, Dathan, drove out to Oregon City for Paxton's Lacrosse game.
We stopped at Mike's Drive-In for a pre-game lunch.


Aunt Ann and cousin Chris came to cheer Paxton on!  They made Paxton this fun sign!  He was a little embarrassed by all the attention, but I know he also secretly loved it!  Thanks Ann and Chris!
 "Go Me!"
May 3: I watched this sweet little guy, Briggen, for a Mom in our ward a few days a week for a couple of weeks.  He is just adorable!  And then I had to send him off to be watched by someone else, as I started working for Josh at his company and they needed me more than a few days a week.  So now I joke that my husband is actually my boss.  

 Khaleesi loves her people.
 The boys playing at Dathan's little brother's birthday.
 May 9: The Dentist
Kaden was less than thrilled for a morning dental appointment and the upset over not missing school.  
The thought process of a teenager: Mom says I have a 9am dental appointment, this must surely mean I'll have the whole day off of school.  --A look of total shock and disbelief came when I told him to bring his backpack because I'd be taking his straight to school after.  Kaden had already made plans in his head for his day off...and I just wrecked them!
 No picture of Paxton, but he was at the dentist too.
 May 10: A muddy mess!  Kaden was helping to dig up a drain pipe connected to the gutter system that was crushed and needed replacing.  When he uncovered the undamaged section, muddy water started spraying all over him.
 May 13: Our photo documentation that cedar planks don't make for good BBQ burgers.  Josh wanted to try cedar planks in the BBQ and went a little crazy adding more than was needed.  The burgers were charred and very smokey.  Kaden wouldn't retrieve them without a respirator mask, haha!
 May 16: Paxton and his Cub Scout pack after their service project of picking up trash at a local park.
 May 19: My drama teacher, Karlyn Love and her husband Mark retired from teaching this year.  She was my favorite teacher in high school and in her class and during her shows were where my best high school memories exist.  She was such an amazing influence to so many and Mark built the most amazing sets!  A farewell party was organized for them, after the end of their final show: Sarah, Plain and Tall.  Versii and I went to see the show together on the Thursday the 17th and then I went to see it again on Saturday and Josh met me at the party afterward.  It was so much fun seeing so many old classmates from different years and celebrating Mark and Karlyn!
 Not the best lighting in the gym, but I love Karlyn!
 My classmates and I.  
 May 21: Since the boys all have birthdays in May, we thought it would be fun to get them the ultimate birthday surprise...a new puppy!  A Maltipoo (maltese poodle mix) named Toast and the boys were so excited!
I never did get photos of the boys on their actual birthdays, but Kaden turned 15 this year, Versii 11 and Paxton 9.  
The cat was less than thrilled.


 May 22: Versii earned his Webelos Badge and his Arrow of Light.  No longer a Cub Scout, Versii crossing over the bridge into Scouting.

 May 23: Paxton's Lacrosse photo.  Taken by Coach Brady's wife, Jennifer.  Who is a professional photographer.
I love how it turned out!
 May 31: On Versii's birthday, we attended an open house for  his new Middle School.  He'll be attending the project based middle school next year and will be a Gryphon!  He's very excited!
 Beautiful double rainbow in Camas.

No comments: