Sunday, June 13, 2021

May Highlights & the Garden

May 11, 2021: These Wild Radishes are growing along the fence and I thought they were so pretty.

I have two rose bushes starting to bloom.  I love the vibrant pink and orange.

View from the front of our yard.
Sweet little Tux watching the boys play in the yard.

May 12, 2021: Paxton wanted a football and here's Josh and Versii out tossing it around the yard with him.



May 13, 2021: I found out my sweet friend had gal bladder surgery and so we offered to bring her family dinner.  I made this delicious salad, for the first time and a dairy-free potato cauliflower soup.
The salad is baby greens, romaine lettuce, sliced chicken in garlic herb seasoning, sliced red anjou pears and strawberries, topped with feta cheese, dried cranberries and glazed walnuts.  We used Brianna's blush wine vinaigrette dressing and it was fantastic!  My new favorite salad!
New plants waiting to be planted in our front yard garden.
May 18th: Josh paid Kaden and his friend Gabe to build concrete curbing around our cherry blossom trees.  

It turned out beautifully.  This is the before and after.  Before it was always full of weeds.  
After the curbing was finished, Josh picked up a few trailer loads of bark dust.
I can never get over how great the yard looks after we get a new layer of bark dust spread out.  And I love that it really helps with the amount of weeds we get.







Forget-me-nots


Begonia 
Heliotrope
Star Jasmine


No comments: