Monday, September 29, 2008

M.M.M. "Go Fish!"

Here's this week's Monday Morning Memory:

Left: This is me at age 3, in Alaska. Versii looks so much like me.
And on the Right: Here's Joshua, age 3 or 4, I think. He's got a fish on that line, but it's hard to see in the picture. Below: This is Dad and I, and Versii on Tuesday, with a few fish from Dad's fishing trip. They're as long as Versii. He kept wanting to touch them.

So this week's memory is about fishing, if you hadn't guessed.
I was born in Alaska and spend the first 1/3 of my life there. We lived on a canal and Dad owned a float plane and several rafts. He went fishing all the time. And he took us kids fishing on several occasions too. Once I remember flying into this remote lake and we just landed on the water and fished right off the plane. The lake was so full of red salmon, that when you looked in the water, all you could see was fish. Fish everywhere! I don't remember how many we caught that day, but I'm sure we had an easy time hooking them. We ate so much fish while we lived in Alaska, that I practically refused to eat fish for several years after we moved to Oregon.
Joshua and Dad took Kaden fishing once and he had the best time! Sorry, we don't have any pictures though. One thing that Kaden remembers is that he got to "pee off the boat." I don't think I'd want to be a fish swimming in that water.

3 comments:

tren said...

I'm so glad you started doing M.M.M. too! I love reading these old stories and memories.

Linds said...

I think it's funny that your fish is bigger than Joshua's. Hee hee!!

turbofishy said...

Hurrah for fishing! I used to love fishing with my dad too. Evelyn loves it now and always wants to go looking for "wormies" to fish with. Versaii is a little Joy clone! He's so cute.