Thursday, September 11, 2008

Survival of the Fittest

BubbleShare: Share photos - Create and Share Crafts
Without going into too much detail, last Tuesday we had company come into town...and we had a very busy week. We went out to the Columbia Sternwheeler last Thursday. We had never been before. The Columbia River is just beautiful. We had perfect weather too. And after that, we stopped off at the Bonneville Dam Fish Hatchery to see the big sturgeon and feed the trout. Kaden loves it! (He's been 3 times already.) And I must say, it's the most beautiful fish hatchery you will ever see. The landscaping is amazing. Then we stopped at Multnomah Falls too! Thanks Moms for taking us out on this excursion!
BubbleShare: Share photos - Play some Online Games.


Then on Friday we went to Kaden's school for the Kindergarten Open House. Kaden got to check out his classroom and see his teacher, Miss Pruch. No sooner than a few minutes after arriving, Kaden made himself right at home. He wrote his name out, which they will do every morning. And then he sat down and dazzled the school staff with his reading skills. He read the "Cat In the Hat" from start to finish. And he even helped clean the classroom's play kitchen. Such a helper! I laughed as I was taking the picture, because I thought, "This may be the only time I see him willingly clean."
BubbleShare: Share photos - Play some Online Games.
Saturday we drove up to Vancouver and went to the Kids Club: Fun & Fitness. It's the Northwest's largest indoor playground. It was so much fun. Although I think I may have endured more fitness, than fun. It's hard work to crawl around on your hands and knees chasing a toddler through a maze of tubes, nets and bridges. It's kind of like those McDonald's playgrounds, you know the one's with the tubes and slides. Except this one is on a much much larger scale and cleaner too. I think that there were six slides there. I would only go on the open ones that are pictured in the slides. I just don't do tube slides...scary! The kids had a great time!
...And when we came home on Saturday. We found that someone had thrown a rock through our front door. Why?! The answer to that question we will probably never know.
BubbleShare: Share photos - Find great Clip Art Images.

P.S. I did survive the week. We all did actually!

3 comments:

tren said...

Wow, what a fun time. Makes me want to get out and do something with my kids. Great pictures!

Linds said...

Looks like you survived and ended up having a good time as well. You are a saint, that's all I'll say.

The Lara Family said...

I can't believe the door! I would be so mad!