Monday, September 22, 2008

Monday Morning Memories

"...Girls in white dresses, with blue satin sashes...snowflakes that fall on my nose and eyelashes...brown paper packages, tied up with string, these are a few of my favorite things..."
My friend Trenya started doing something called "Monday Morning Memories" and it was so much fun reading hers, that I wanted to do it as well. So here's my memory:

I randomly chose one of Mom's old photo albums this morning and I found this picture inside. And I remember, Mom said we loved the above mentioned song so much that my sister, Julie, and I wanted white dresses with blue satin sashes. Mom found the white dresses at the store and then added blue satin sashes for us. I am told that we loved those dresses very much. Anyway, this picture was taken somewhere around January of 1986. I suppose that would make me about 6 and 1/2 years old here and Julie would have been almost 5.

Maybe we'll find a picture of Josh for next week.

7 comments:

MotherBeck said...

so cute!! What a nice mom to go to all that trouble. Beautiful dresses!

tren said...

How cute! I always loved that song, too, but I don't recall my mom ever making me any crisp apple struedel!

guerry girls said...

how cute the two of you were,and are. I know that we all grow up, but I still think of all of us at that age!

Linds said...

Way cute! I always wanted a white dress with a blue satin sash because of that song too, but I never got one.

Amy Lovell said...

Aw, being young again. Wouldn't it be nice for a day to go back to that age, knowing what it's like to be older, and to really enjoy the carefree life of kid? Just for a day, I think it would be great.

The Lara Family said...

We look like dorks!

Clayton and Camea said...

LOL @ Julie's comment, but no, you don't look like dorks you just look like it's the 80's! You two look very cute! (as always)