Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Baby Boy Owens is Here!


Paxton Ambrose Owens

Born: May 31st 2009 at 4:12 p.m.
Weight: 7 lbs. 13 oz.
Height: 21 and 3/4 inches
Hours of Labor: 13 (that's 5 hours more than Versii's)




Paxton's very first picture...he was pretty purple.

Warming up under the heat lamp...it doesn't look like it, but he loved it.

Grandma and Grandpa brought Kaden and Versii up to meet their new brother a few hours after he was born. Kaden was super excited, which I knew he would be and Versii got this look on his face like, "How could you, What is this?" But he then quickly got excited about the "bebe!" He's a lot more into the baby then I thought he would be.

Mommy and Paxton a few hours before we went home today. He had just peed on me and I had just cleaned up.

Sweet little guy getting ready to go home.


Josh was definitely ready to go...and here I am in all my post-pregnancy glory.


Welcome Home Paxton!
I won't blog too much about the details of the labor itself. If you want to know, I'll tell you. All I can say is that I am so glad it's over! And I'm glad that the little guy wasn't any bigger than he was. The nurses kept talking to me about watching for the symptoms of Post par tum depression, and I assured them that I will not have that problem, since I completely despise being pregnant and I like him much better on the outside of me!
Special thanks to Mom and Dad for taking care of Kaden and Versii while we were at the hospital!

14 comments:

Clayton and Camea said...

Yay! He's such a handsome little man! Well done! {I'm talking to you on the phone now...heehe}

Nicole W. said...

He is SO sweet JOy!!! and you look SO great in that picture of just the two of you!
can't wait to hold him again!!!
need a babysitter?? you know who to call!!
xoxox

Darren and Kate said...

congrats. so glad that you all are happy and healthy and back at home.

tren said...

What a darling! He weighed the same as Naomi! She was shorter, though. You look great already. Congratulations on your new little guy!

Lacey said...

What a cute little boy! He already looks a lot like your othrer boys, deffinatly an owens! I love all his little hair and now I am even MORE excited to be done with my pregnancey and holding a beautiful baby. You look awsome, I can't wait to pop over and see him. I will call ya soon, CONGRATS HE IS PERFECT!

guerry girls said...

Congrats. Joy so so happy for all of you guys!

Brittany said...

He's darling! Congrats! I'm glad it's over for you, too! :) I wish I was in Oregon to help you out.

By the way, I finally gave in and started a blog:

http://brianandbritt.blogspot.com/

AJ Candrian said...

He's a cute kid!! Congratulations!!!

Amy Lovell said...

Yay, congrats, he's adorable. Loved that he was decked out in Nike gear to go home. Good touch.

Jeff and Amy said...

He is adorable!! And I definitely agree with you - pregnancy pretty much sucks.

Linds said...

OH.MY.GOODNESS. He is ADORABLE. And you look fantastic. Congrats!!

Xoxo Grandma said...

so adorable...the whole family.

The Lara Family said...

I can't wait to meet him. Only 5 more days!

honi said...

Congrats! He's beautiful. You are right-SO much better out than in(o: