Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Mommy's Day Out


Joshua offered to send me to Texas to visit Julie while he was on break from school ...and I couldn't pass up the opportunity to go. We booked the tickets a month or two before the baby was born. He was only 10 days old when we left. The first picture is of Paxton on his first plane ride. And the second is on our way home. Unfortunetly, I have no pictures of Julie or the kids ---Julie says the memories are good enough. But I did have a great time hanging out with Julie and Ashlyn and Austin. We had fun eating out and relaxing, among other things. And while we were there we caught a pre-release showing of the movie "The Proposal" with Sandra Bullock. And it was so funny. Julie and I laughed and laughed. I can't remember laughing so much in a movie. Thanks for everything Jewels!
And thanks to Joshua for watching Kaden and Versii for the 5 days I was gone!
I know it was easy!

3 comments:

Brittany said...

Joy -- Please let me know how traveling on an airplane with a newborn went! Our baby is due at the end of November so we have been debating whether flying home for Christmas was too soon!!!

Linds said...

So fun! Gotta love little vacations. Even with your baby.

Joshua and Joy said...

Traveling with Paxton went well. For the most part, he didn't cry. He didn't seem to have any trouble with his ears. I did have a good nursing coverup, so I was able to just nurse him while we flew, which was great.