Monday, September 30, 2013

The Bins!

 September 6, 2013
My sister Julie and her kids flew into town and surprised me on Thursday night.  Apparently, everyone knew, except me.  I was completely surprised!
***
On Friday morning, Jewels and I headed over to the Goodwill Outlet, also known as "the bins."  So named because it is a giant warehouse full of huge bins filled with clothes...like the pile pictured above.  It's the ultimate in thrifting, as you buy all clothing items by the pound.  Julie and I left with 69 items of clothing...all for just under $30.  That's an amazingly low cost of just 43 cents per item!  I love it!
 I always find great treasures when I go there!
This time I left with 4 pair of pants for myself!
Including a pair of 7 capris and a pair of wool pants from Banana Republic!  
 I also found a pair of Hurley shorts and 3 pairs of Levi's for the boys.  Plus these super cute T's for Paxton.
And I found a stack of T's and sweaters for a few baby quilts I'm about to make.  Pinks, creams, purples and grays for Josh's sister Ariel's baby girl.  And browns, plaids, oranges and greens for Josh's brother Jake's twin baby boys due in a few months!

1 comment:

AJ Candrian said...

That is amazing! Nice work ladies!