Wednesday, August 19, 2015

The Beginning of Catching Up: May 2014

With the exception of my recent posts of our home remodel, I haven't updated our blog since the middle of May 2014. 
Here are the highlights from the end of May.
May is our big birthday month. 
Kaden on May 18th, in his new Scout shirt and Scout Book from his Gammey and Papa.  No longer a Cub Scout!
May 20, 2014 - Kaden touring his new middle school on his birthday.  The face in the lower left corner of the above photo shows his expression perfectly.  He was less than enthusiastic!
That evening the boys wanted to go to the school talent show.  
Happy 11th Birthday Kaden!
Here are the boys with Kaden's friend Nate.
With all three boy's birthdays within a 2 week period, I always try to get the boys to pick something other than cake.  Kaden chose brownies.
Birthday stats: Kaden measured 4'8" on his 10th birthday.
He grew 2.5" during the year, measuring in at 4'10.5"
The day after Kaden's birthday, I received a call home from school notifying me that Kaden had been hit in the head with the head of a plastic hockey stick.  Apparently he was at recess and a swing had gotten stuck up on the bar, so another kid thought it might be a good idea to try getting it down by throwing a hockey stick at it.  But when the hockey stick hit the swing it broke and the lower part (a giant yellow banana shape) flew off and hit Kaden right in the head.  ---When I arrived at the school, they informed me that while examining the head wound they were pretty sure Kaden had lice!  So we left right away to the Dr.  He didn't end up having stitches, just a little glue to seal the wound. And we got a prescription for the lice treatment.  Fun!  Also, while we were at the Dr. the school called and said Versii had lice too and needed to be picked up.
The crazy thing is that I ended up having lice too.  My head had been itching for a few days, but we had also recently been removing old insulation from our house so I thought the itching was from that.  I even said to Josh, "My head's been really itching lately!"  His reply, "It's all in your head."  ---Sure, ok Josh!  I still tease him about that now.  It really was in my head! 
As soon as I returned home from picking up the lice treatment we went to work shaving all the boys heads.
Dealing with the lice on my hair was going to be bad enough, so to cut down on work, the boys hair had to go. We treated everyone's hair and I went to work washing and vacuuming every thing!  Not to mention checking heads multiple times a day and washing with tea tree oil shampoo for weeks after.  I still itch every time I think about lice!  Yuck!
May 23, 2014
 Happy 7th Birthday Versii!
Versii chose his favorite dessert: chocolate cheesecake!
Birthday stats: At age 6 he measured exactly 4' tall.
He grew 3.25" during the year.   

 May 31, 2014 
Happy 5th Birthday Paxton!
Paxton chose vanilla cupcakes!
Birthday stats: At age 4 he measured 3'5.5" and he grew 2" during the year, making him 3'7.5" tall.
May 24, 2014 
The boys helping work at the house.
And who know's what Paxton's doing in the toilet!
May 28, 2014
Paxton at his Kindergarten Preview. The toured the school, met the teachers, made a penguin headband and went on a short bus ride.  He was super excited to start school!
June 2, 2014
Kaden's 5th Grade graduation.
He's aspiring to attend college at Brigham Young University and become an Artist.
Above top left: Kaden with his teacher, Mr. Marsh
Lower Right: Kaden with his good friend Arthur.

No comments: