Tuesday, February 21, 2017

My New Chair

February 2, 2017
I went over to visit my next-door neighbor, Barb, and she told me she was selling this chair.  As soon as I saw it, I knew I wanted it!  It would fit perfectly in my living room!  It belonged to, her husband, Chuck's brother.  They received it 20 years ago, in 1997, when he passed away. She wasn't sure how long he had owned the chair before that, but Barb said it was his "pride and joy."  So now I own a very loved chair, that I too love and it will always remind me of Barb and Chuck.  I mentioned before, but Barb used to be good friends with my Grandma Thatcher.  Plus she and Chuck are just the best neighbors.  They are always doing things for us and bringing us treats.  Paxton said once, "You know, Barb is just like our Grandma, always spoiling us!"  So I love that I have something that will always make me think of them.  It's an Eames Lounge Chair and Ottoman, and although I do not know the year my particular chair was built, I did find out they were originally designed in 1956.  And they still make this exact style of chair today.
Even my boys love it too!  The chair swivels and they think it's just about the best place to relax.

No comments: