Monday, December 31, 2018

Versii's Testimony

I missed posting this in May.

May 6th 2018
The day Versii first bore his testimony in church.
It was such a special moment that we will cherish always.

Here is what Josh wrote about it:

In light of Mother’s day weekend, a story; On Sunday Versii, 10, got up in church, walking to the pulpit. Anyone that knows Versii would know this to be completely out of character. He is the shyest and most timid person I know. Joy and I looked at one another, wide eyed, in utter surprise. He pulled the mic level and spoke from his heart, for the first time, of how he loves Jesus Christ. That he is grateful for the resurrection and expressed his love for his family. Truly genuine. I teared up. We do not push our children to be. We are free to do as we choose and we respect that. We do however take them to church and are biased toward Christianity. To witness his strength of overcoming himself, and seeing his genuine nature, and knowing he chooses to see grace, have faith...I will never forget that moment. It filled me. We were given a glance into the truly tremendous person that he is. He resembles Joy and she is who I chose to be the mother to my children. And she is, without doubt, the best decision I have ever made. Happy Mothers Day weekend Joy. I am so grateful for her non-faltering, consistent sacrifice, and the benevolent mother that she is to our boys. They will be good men because of you.

No comments: