Monday, September 6, 2021

Date in Seattle

September 4, 2021: After we packed up camp, we left for Seattle.  
Josh has talked about talking the boys to see the Troll Under the Bridge for a while now and this time we finally made it!  So here are the boys with the Fremont Troll.
Before our trip, Josh told me that he was surprising me with a fancy date and I needed a nice dress.  I went out shopping and found this blue dress to wear on our date.  Only we realized about an hour and a half into our drive to the campground that we had both failed to put the suit bag that had my dress and his shirt and tie in the car!  Which meant we had nothing nice to wear to dinner and meant more shopping!  I did manage to get away from home with the earrings and strappy sandals I had picked out.  We ended up stopping at a Nordstrom Rack between Rainer and Seattle and I found a dress to wear.



We took the boys and the dog to the Staybridge Inn.  It's dog friendly and their room was on the fourth floor, which had a room top dog area not.  Which made it very convenient for them to take Tux out.
Then Josh and I drove over to check in to our hotel.  We stayed at Hotel Ballard.  We had a beautiful room with a sitting room, a balcony and a fancy bathroom.  




Josh had told them we were celebrating my Birthday, so they left a birthday set-up.  
We don't drink, but the chocolates were delicious!
This is the little black dress I found to replace the one I forgot.
It reminded me a little of the type of dressed the royals wear in England.
***
On our way to dinner we stopped to pick up Pizza for the boys and dropped it off to them.
Josh made reservations for our dinner date at the Palisades. 
We have been to the Palisades one time before when we were in Seattle. 
I looked up the pictures in my Google Photos and our first time there, was in February of 2011.
***
On a side note, can I just say I love Google Photos!  
I have lost photos in the past, so I try to upload my photos to multiple locations: 1. Walgreens (for if I want to print photos); 2. Shutterfly (for photo books); 3. An external hard drive (for backup); 4. Google Photos (where I can easily find and share photos any where I want.)  I scanned and saved all my childhood photos and Josh's in my Google Photos.  It's so much fun to be able to have access to all of our photos in the palm of my hand!  Technology can be pretty amazing and I am so grateful that we have so many photos so I can easily recall precious moments in our past.
***
Anyway, enough photo talk.  We really enjoyed the bread and butter!
We ordered prawn cocktail, a caesar salad and steak with potatoes and asparagus. 
The views of Mt Rainer, the marina and the Seattle Skyline were really beautiful!


For dessert we had the flourless chocolate torte and the cream brulee.


The marina at sunset!
It was a lovely evening out with Josh!

No comments: