Saturday, February 5, 2022

2021 Ugly Sweaters!

December 3rd, 2021: 
Our work party this Christmas was an Ugly Sweater Party. 
So I went to the Goodwill Outlet and managed to find these sweaters and most of the materials on them, from the poinsettias to the stuffed animals, the stocking and the tree.

Santa.
Josh wanted the lamp from a Christmas Story and he wanted it to light up.  
I managed to get it constructed so you could pull down on the chain to light it up, but you had to flip the switch on the side to turn it back off.  Still I thought it turned out great!
"Believe" is from a TV Series: Ted Lasso
Josh also wanted a sasquatch.  
And since Josh is the company's CEO, we came up with an accounting joke haha!
The stocking I found even had a "J" on it, perfect for Josh!  And a sock monkey on his back.



On my sweater I stitched on Joy, Fa la la, and some very simple snow flakes.
I found a little girls layered tulle skirt, so I cut it up and turned it into Christmas tree pockets.
Since I am the Bookkeeper of the company and I'm always tagging the sales team when I think the cost on the invoice is wrong, I added "The Price is Wrong" tag as a funny joke. 
***
At the party, we ended up letting the kids decide the winner.  
Josh won 1st place.  
A co-worker dressed as Santa won 2nd 
And I won 3rd place!  
It was really fun to make these and every one got a good laugh!

No comments: