Friday, May 16, 2008

Chinese Chicken Bake

I got this recipe off of my Grandma's fridge and she had never tried it before. I told her I would let her know how it tasted...and I've made it 4 times now. Everyone in my house really likes it, except Kaden who refuses to taste it. Josh says it looks like "rice crispy treat" for dinner, but don't let appearances fool you. It's tasty!

I just thought that since we like it so much, I should share.


CHINESE CHICKEN BAKE

2 tbls marg or melted butter
1/4 tea
onion powder
2 1/2 cups
crispy rice cereal
1 can (8 oz)
crushed pineapple, drained thoroughly
2 cups
chopped cooked chicken or turkey (I like it shredded.)
1 can (10 3/4 oz)
condensed mushroom or chicken soup (I use chicken soup.)
1 1/4 cup
chopped celery
2 tbls
chopped green onion
4 1/2 tea
soy sauce

Preheat oven to 350 F.
Combine marg & onion powder. Gradually add cereal, stirring until all pieces are evenly coated. Set aside.
Combine pineapple, chicken, soup, celery, green onion, and soy sauce.
Stir in 1 cup reserved cereal mix.
Pour into ungreased 2-quart baking dish.
Sprinkle with remaining 1 1/2 cups cereal mix.
Bake 30 min or until top is lightly browned.

(The recipe says it makes 4-5 servings, but I made it last night and just Josh & I ate 2/3rds of the pan. So if you're cooking for 4 adults or more...you should probably double the recipe. I like to eat it over white rice.)

No comments: