Wednesday, May 26, 2010

My Texas Getaway


Paxton & I flew on a buddy pass out to Texas, to visit my sister Julie, on May 12th.
(Thank you Jenn!)
We spent a week with Jewels. And Josh stayed home with the "big boys" while we were away.
(Thanks Josh!)
And flying standby turned out to be a better experience than I imagined.
I guess Wednesdays are great days to fly standby. We really did walk right onto the plane, just like Jenn said we would. Plus I forgot how beautiful the view from the air can be. The entire sky was blanketed with clouds when we took off from Portland. It was amazing...and not surprising either.
This was Paxton 2nd flight to Texas.
He was 10 days old the first time he went to Texas, on his first flight.
He's a great flyer! He slept for the 1st hour of each flight on the way there.
Bird-watching from Ashlyn and Austin's room.
This is actually the only picture of me while I was in Texas.
Here I am on a chair that I would love to own.
Julie & I spent a lot of time shopping for her new home.
Paxton at the Gristmill.
A yummy restaurant, Julie took us to, in an old mill.
Josh's Mom came with us and quickly became Paxton's new best friend by feeding him whipped cream!

A came across a couple of serious drivers during a quick trip to home depot.
(Paxton and his cousin Austin.)
Paxton and his Mimi
(AKA-Josh's Mom Jenny)
I love this little picture.
Pretending to talk on the phone is one of Paxton's favorite things to do. Everything goes to the ear. Everything's a phone.
I'm in love with the pool boy.
This was Paxton first time at the pool.
He loved it!
He's so different from Versii. When Versii was his age, he cried when I tried to take him in the pool.


Paxton had a blast one night climbing in Julie's entertainment center.
On the right: My tiny traveler. Paxton in the Arizona airport on the way home.
He's now been in 5 states:
Washington, Oregon, Colorado, Arizona & Texas.

While in Texas, Jewels and I went to this place called Homestead Handcrafts and found this little treasure. It's a train coin bank. The boys love trains and there are exactly the right number of cars. Jewels even ordered vinyl lettering so we could label one for each boy.
Thanks Jewels! I had a great time! And I can't wait to visit again!

No comments: