Sunday, May 2, 2021

Surprising Dad! Happy 80th!

February 27, 2021: Mom and I arranged for me to fly down to St George and surprise Dad for his 80th Birthday!  Michael picked me up from the airport so Dad wouldn't wonder why Mom would need to go out so late and Mom kept Dad up watching TV so he'd still be awake when I arrived.  
He was pretty surprised!
This is a picture I saw at Mom and Dad's of my Dad as a boy with his parents Wilford and Estella and sister, Carol.
February 28: The morning after I arrived in St George,  I walked into the bathroom to this scene.  One of the smoke detectors had started chirping and Socksie, was apparently trying to hide from the noise in the bathtub.
March 2: In the middle of thrift store shopping, I introduced Mom, Julie and Brenda to Cafe Zupas.  (Brenda flew in from Alaska to spend the weekend with everyone.)  They have a strawberry harvest salad that is just divine!  And naturally I love that it comes with a chocolate covered strawberry for a treat at the end.  I love this salad so much, we went to Zupas twice while I was in town.
March 3: Celebrating Dad's 80th Birthday by taking his pontoon boat out on the water at Sand Hollow Reservoir.  It was a beautiful, calm day on the water, with a light breeze.




Brielle

Julie, Mom and Dad
Mom and Dad
Brenda
We brought hot dogs, chips and dip to have lunch on the water.  Dad has a barbecue on the boat.



The wind started picking up after we had been on the water for a bit and Dad's hat blew off into the water.  I wish I had the rescue efforts on video.  It was comical.  Dad motored over to the hat and Julie was able to fish it safely out of the water.  Brielle said it was the most exciting part of the trip.


We all went out to eat at Red Lobster for dinner.  Then went home to 
sing Happy Birthday to Dad and enjoy the cake Mom made.


Video of Brielle's thoughts about Uncle Josh, boating and the hot air balloon.
March 4: Watching a hot air balloon fly right by the back yard.
March 4: We sat front row to watch Best of Broadway 2 live at St George Musical Theater!
The show had so much energy and it was a blast to watch all the action happen right up close!


March 5: Touring Michael's office at Vasion.  It's quite the set up!  They even have sound proof booths for video conferencing or just making calls.  Michael and his teammates were just getting ready for a game of basketball in the indoor court during their break. 




***
It was a great trip to St George!  I always enjoy spending time with my family.
It was a trip full of entertainment, shopping, eating out, relaxing, napping, watching Hallmark movies, enjoying the hot tub and celebrating Dad.

No comments: