Saturday, August 9, 2008

Progress Check on the Home Front

It's been 19 days since I posted the house plans and showed the completed foundation. Now the floor is complete and the framing is underway. Joshua's been helping Dad in the evenings and on Saturdays. They're out working right now. Kaden's helping a little too, but mostly just playing in the gravel piles. So far today, Joshua and Dad completed the framing for the laundry room, Mom and Dad's closet (which is big) and the bathroom. Dad's very motivated to get the framing done quickly since the roof needs to be on before hunting season starts, later this month.
If you look closely, you can see Kaden's new Beetle friend.
We were out on the site eating our lunch and I went back inside to get drinks. When I returned I heard Kaden carrying on a conversation with the beetle...I thought it was so funny.
"Hi beetle. Do you like my eyes? I like your eyes too. Don't worry, I won't hurt you. Daddy wants to kill you, but that's not nice. You are a nice bug. Your hungry? You can eat little tiny bites of my sandwich and I'll take bigger bites. Daddy takes really big bites. (The beetle starts walking away.) --Hey beetle, it's me, Kaden, your friend. --Mommy, he thinks I'm mean, but I'm nice. --I don't like spiders, but I like you. No I don't like spiders. Where did you go? Beetle come out from under that board."

Look, Versii can walk through walls. And he was trying hard to be a helper by picking up and dumping nails.
Here's Daddy and Versii (wearing Kaden's sunglasses). He really wanted Josh to hold him and he was following him around with his arms in the air, so Josh took a quick break to oblige.

2 comments:

Linds said...

I loved the conversation with the beetle. Too cute!

Tony, Natalie, Madison, Steven said...

Your boys are so very cute! Kids are hilarious with there dialogue. Madison does the same thing with her dolls. Thanks for the update.