Saturday, August 23, 2008

Watch Out for the Sun Shade Monster

Is the Sun Shade Monster under that tree? Kaden told our Nature guide during the Ladybug Walk not to let the Sun Shade Monster get her when they walked into the shady part of the trail. Such an imagination. This week's Mommy & Me was at Whitaker Ponds and Kaden had a lot of fun!

During the hike they let all the kids borrow a ladybug backpack that's filled with all sorts of things. They have spoons for digging, a box for viewing bugs, a magnifying glass and lots more.
Versii had a good time running around and pointing out plants. He wanted to touch them all, even the prickly blackberry bushes. Below, he's wearing the backpack for a few minutes to give Kaden a little break.

Kaden caught a potato bug! He was really excited.
Running up and back down the hill...kids have so much energy.

Kaden, watch out for that Sun Shade Monster! I think he's going to get you! --Don't be silly Mommy, I made him up.

3 comments:

Linds said...

So cute! Sad I didn't make it. My kids we feeling a little under the weather. Glad it was fun. And I love the sum shade monster. Too cute!

The Lara Family said...

All that time I lived in Oregon and I never went there!

The Hill Family said...

Fun kids! I really want to join you guys soon. Carter usually naps from 9-11 and he won't fall asleep anywhere but his bed so I feel kind of stuck here! I think there are a couple later playdates coming up...not that he's big enough to play but mommy needs the adult time!!