Thursday, October 16, 2008

Bliss, Until Washed

These little Hershey's Bliss chocolates melt in your mouth and are so tasty...until you forget to check all the pockets in your laundry. The other day I had a lot of laundry to wash. And I'm pretty good about checking pockets, but it appears that I missed one. I opened up the dryer and on the ledge next to the lint trap, I see a still wrapped, very misshapen piece of chocolate. And then panic! Oh nooooo! I started pulling each item out of the dryer one by one. 75% of my laundry had brown chocolate streaks dried to it. Since I had one more load of laundry that had to be done, I threw it into the wash before I started damage control. It took almost an entire wash cycle for me to spray n' wash and scrub each chocolate spot! What a disaster! Bliss, I think not!?

4 comments:

Brenda said...

I did that on vacation once. I left my great lip gloss in one of my pockets. It was the vaseline lip kind. Worked great in the hot weather but when I pulled out the clothes and started seeing the grease stains on all our golfing clothes I almost croaked. Half of it was ruined I could not get it all out and it looked awful.... I agree not bliss

Linds said...

Eww, yuck! I'm sorry! That does not sound like fun. Fortunately it was just chocolate, not something super staining.

tren said...

That stinks. Not too long ago, I had several pieces of still-wrapped bubble gum come out of the dryer. Boy, was I glad they were still in the wrappers! That could have been a disaster.

turbofishy said...

that stinks!