Monday, October 6, 2008

Monday...Memories

I am a little tardy posting this week's Monday "Morning" Memories. But I think that I've found a good one. Personally, I love this week's memory because a few of my blog readers (my cousins) are in these pictures too. Hope you can enjoy the memory too. These pictures are from June of 1995. I suppose that would make me just a month shy of 16. As for the rest of you who are pictured below, you can do the math yourself.
My cousin, Maryann, and I in the Visitors Center at the Salt Lake Temple. Growing up, she was my best friend. We did every thing together. She's still one of my very best friends. Love you Nan!
Above, left to right: myself (Joy), my cousin's Maryann, and Amy, and sister Julie. You have to admire our outfits. I was in kind of a grunge/baggy clothing phase...which is evident by my big overalls and over sized maroon hoodie.
Left pic: Maryann, Linda, Joy, Amy, Julie and Andrea (correct my if I'm wrong, Andrea or Brittany) And the right pics, top: Brittany, Andrea, Camea, Linda, Amy, Julie, Maret, and Maryann. Bottom: cousins, Paul, Rob, and Maryann. My cousin Paul is wearing his "Mindset" t-shirt. That was the name of his band. I still have their cassette tape. I loved the "sleeping bag" song. Sometimes I miss those days...getting together with the cousins and having such great adventures. I just thought of that one time when that crazy "Guedo" guy came to our family reunion. Does anyone else remember that?
And here are the pictures of Joshua in Utah. His pictures are from the spring of 1997. Pictured above: Joshua's best friend, Ivan and Joshua. Joshua was actually wearing all of Ivan's clothes, possibly his underpants too. You may not know this but Joshua left home when he was 15 and lived with Ivan's family for a year or two, off and on.

...And here's Joshua making peace in Utah.

7 comments:

Becky Thompson said...

Hi Joy! I'm glad you found me...I marked your blog as one that I can follow now! I've enjoyed looking at it. Thanks so much for letting us know about your Temple progress. Give Josh our Congratulations on his Endowments last Friday. That's really exciting. And please keep us posted on the Sealing, ok? It's sure good to hear from you. Stay in touch! (Follow my blog too!)

AJ Candrian said...

Wow I was an ugly kid, and I'm sure glad someone finally told me to stop wearing socks with sandles. Nice pictures, Joy. At least they made me laugh.

Brittany said...

Yes, that was me during my "vest phase." Haha! What was I thinking? I'm sure glad awkward phases don't last forever. I'm glad you shared these pictures -- I have never seen a couple of them. Those were the days . . . :)

Linds said...

Oh my gosh, you're cousins with Brittany and Andrea Candrian? I went to High School with them. Small world!! Weird!!

Linds said...

p.s. If you ask them, they'll know me as Lindsey Preece.

turbofishy said...

Heehee @ Andrea and Brittany....yeah we were all pretty geeeky. Weird I've kind of got the same hair going on right now (unfortuantly, I hope it grows out soon)Thanks for the memories...I miss those days, we all (for the most part) had a great time!

Amy said...

OH WOW...we were so...cute? Love the pictures, love the good times...let's be young again.