Saturday, October 11, 2008

Vacation at home!

...15 hours and 37 minutes. That's how long Joshua and the boys have been gone. Joshua left at 5 pm, yesterday to take the boys camping for the night. I spent my night on the couch doing sudoku puzzles, watching Extreme Makeover and one of my favorite shows...Clean House. I love Clean House! I admit that I used to turn it on so often, that Kaden used to sing the little jingle..."Who wants a clean house?" --Anyway, I ate a bunch of junk food: popcorn and brownies! Yum! I know, I'm not forgetting about the "beach body quest" --- That's part of why I'm working out. So I can eat all the sugar foods that I love. ---So I was sitting on the couch, in my house, and I was feeling really cold. Then I felt guilty, because I thought, "If I'm cold now, how cold must the boys be?" I called Joshua on the cell and he said they were doing fine. (We did pack hats and gloves for everyone.) And Versii kept trying to put dirt in his dinner...sounds yummy! ---I actually went to be around 9 pm. And without Versii around, I mostly got a good nights rest. I forgot that before the baby, I didn't sleep though the night anyway. I must have woken up 7 or 8 times...and it wasn't because I was worried about the boys. I've been dealing with Versii's sleep issues for so long, that I totally forgot about my own. Oh well! I woke up this morning at 7 am and I felt more rested than I've felt in awhile. So I started my morning with my workout. I love pilates! It feels good to be working out again.

Anyway, I expect that the boys will be home sometime soon and then we'll post about their little camping adventure. Hopefully we'll have some fun pictures.

4 comments:

Linds said...

Wow! That sounds like a TON of fun. I think we need to plan something like that around here.

p.s. You NEED to read my sleep book, seriously!!

turbofishy said...

I love pilates too...I can't wait till this baby is out of my belly and I can start doing that again! Ahhh I want a vacation!!!

Nicole W. said...

YAY that is SO awesome!!!! so happy you got a break!
xoxox

Jeff and Amy said...

How did you manage to get out of having to go with them?? Other than when Jeff goes camping with the scouts, if he wants to go camping I always end up having to go too. And I am all about pilates - in fact I just did it this morning. I really need to start posting on the "beach body quest" blog.