Friday, October 3, 2008

Project Complete

Ha Ha...2 months after I originally posted that I had a "new project", making a temple dress, the dress is finally complete. I have to admit that I did not work on it for awhile after posting the pattern picture. I really got into gear and started working on it the last two weeks. Most of my time was spent working on it this past week. As you can tell from the patten picture, I made a few changes. I had to add a sleeve, which was the hardest part of the change, since I had to make it myself, then I had to raise the slit in the front to be not so deep, and I had to lengthen the skirt. And then I made a few changes for comfort and practicality: I added gussets under the arms to allow for better movement and I added a little length to the already large pockets. I'm really happy with how it turned out, and just in time too! I'll be wearing it tonight. We're going to the temple tonight, with Mom and Dad and hopefully a few other friends and family. For those of you who are out of town, we're not being sealed yet. Don't worry, you'll all be notified well in advance, so you can plan to be there if you'd like. I'm so excited to be going to the temple with Joshua!

10 comments:

Linds said...

Way cute dress! I wish I could sew and make my own temple dress. I don't even have one, boo hoo! Anyway, good luck!! And congrats to Joshua!

turbofishy said...

It looks great Joy!

tren said...

What an awesome talent to have! Good job, Joy.

Holly Lujan said...

Joy the dress is beautiful. You are so talented. I sewed some pillow covers this summer and they look like squares with tumors. I'm don't want to know what a dress I sewed would look like.

Nicole W. said...

Joy, it's beautiful!!!
It was so awesome to be in the temple with you guys last night! I felt the spirit so strongly and was SO happy for you guys!! thank you for inviting us, it was definitely a session i'll never forget!!

xoxoxox

guerry girls said...

It's beautiful Joy

Brittany said...

Joy -- how much would you charge for sewing lessons (or to make me a dress)? You look beautiful!

The Hill Family said...

Joy, what a beautiful dress!! I like the satin bodice especially. Congrats to Joshua! I am excited for your family!

Joshua and Joy said...

Brittany, it might cost more than you'd want to pay...if you could even convince me to do that again. I really hate to sew. But I'll think about it.

Joshua and Joy said...

I'll sew the dress for you Brittany. -Josh