Monday, December 22, 2008

"I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas..."


Or am I?  It looks like Oregon will have a white Christmas this year.  It's been snowing here for over a week.  They sent us home from church early last Sunday and this Sunday they cancelled church all together.  And Kaden only had school 2 out of 5 days last week.  I can't remember the last time it's snowed this much in Portland.  And the forecast shows snow for until at least Christmas eve.  

I would be enjoying the snow if it wasn't affecting so many things, like being able to easily move things into the new house, or having some furniture delivered.  We've been waiting over a week for our dining room table and chairs to be delivered.  They called to cancel delivery on Wednesday and Thursday due to the weather, although Julie and I both went out those days and it was fine to drive in.  Then Saturday the furniture guys decided to be too brave and went out and got stuck on a hill.  So now our furniture is probably sitting on a cold truck on a hill somewhere. 

We our mostly moved into the new house now.  Well, most of our everyday essentials are here at least.  It's so nice to finally be here.  I'll post pictures of the inside when we get a little more moved in and get things organized.
  
 

3 comments:

AJ Candrian said...

Brrrrr!!! That looks so cold!! Funny they cancelled church because of snow. Funny Oregonians. :) I am glad it doesn't really snow in DC (knock on wood) and am not looking forward to going home to lots of that nasty white stuff! Stay warm! Merry Christmas!

Clayton and Camea said...

Haha! You have MORE snow than we do. That's crazy. Have a Merry Christmas!

guerry girls said...

I just wish that I was back home to play in it! I miss the snow and cold weather! I have the screen door open now cuse its too hot in the house!