Monday, December 1, 2008

Together Forever



On Friday night we were sealed together for Time and Eternity in the Portland Oregon Temple. It was by far the most spiritual experience of my life time. I cried. I think every woman in the sealing room was crying also...some started crying long before I did. And when they brought little Versii in, then the tears really started. I've never seen him look the way he did. It was like he knew what was going on and he was so overjoyed to be there. When he smiled, he had a sparkle in his eyes and he just glowed. It's really not something I can accurately describe, but it was amazing! Thanks to everyone who came to share this with us: Grandma Lorraine, Norman, Mom & Dad, Jeff, Aunt Ann & Uncle Gary, Aunt Becky & Uncle Leo, Shawna, Steve & Nicole, Lindsey and Barbara. And thanks to Jennifer for watching Kaden. For those of you who could not make it, I really wish you could have been there, but I know that you were thinking of us! We love you all!

My friend Nicole did my makeup for me and so I had to snap a few pictures. I can't remember the last time my makeup looked so good. And my eyelashes too, it's just to bad they aren't all mine. Thanks so much Nicole! And Steve took our pictures at the temple. I haven't seen them yet, but I'm sure they are by far better then the snapshots from our cameras. The pictures both above and below are from our camera and Dad's. I'll post Steve's photos when I receive them.

12 comments:

tren said...

I'm SO happy for you!!!

Brittany said...

Joy,

That made me tear up just thinking about it! I'm so happy you were able to be sealed! I wish I could have been there. I actually might be in Oregon in May, so I would love to see you if it works out!

Love ya,

Brittany

MotherBeck said...

Congrats you guys! I am all teary now! I can't wait to see Steve's pictures and you look hot hot hot!!

Anonymous said...

We thought about you guys all weekend! We are so happy for you all and know the Lord will continue to bless your wonderful family :)

We love you guys and miss you tons!

Linds said...

Thank you so much for inviting me. I have to tell you that that was one of the sweetest experiences of my life. Seriously, it was amazing. And you are right about when Versii came in, it was amazing. You can't describe it. I totally lost it when he came in. It was so sweet. I'm so happy for you. And sorry I didn't stay for pictures, I had to get back to sick kids.

Jeff and Amy said...

Congrats! Sealings are such spiritual events, I love them! And you did look way hot :)

Clayton and Camea said...

You always look gorgeous! But you were glowing in those pictures. I'm so happy for you and wish that I could have been there too!

AJ Candrian said...

Congratulations Joy! I'm so glad you had such a special experience in the temple. It truly is a place where blessings will come. Wish I could have been there!

Nicole W. said...

JOy....your sealing really was one of the most spiritual experiences i've had in years! When Versii walked in...the spirit was overwhelming...which is why I think we all started bawling. The little boy with the big brown eyes that is always SO serious and ovservant walked in with the hugest smile!!! and he did NOT stop smiling the entire time he was in there. There was definitely a look in his eyes that you knew his spirit knew exactly what was going on. It gave me a glimpse into his soul. I know that children are adult spirits in little bodies...and I think we all saw a bit of that spirit. He was amazing...the experience was amazing. I'm SO thankful you're my friend and i'm SO thankful you invited us. I asked steve after what he thought and he just quietly said "I'm really glad we were able to come" which doesn't sound like alot...but if you knew Steve you would know that he was also SO touched by the spirit. I know you and JOsh and your babies will be together forever!
thank you for letting me a part of it.
love you lots!
Nicole
p.s you did look HOT!!:):):)

Amy said...

Congrats on the sealing! I hope one day I get to experience that blessing of being sealed to someone for time and all eternity. What a sepcial opportunity. You guys all look so great.

The Lara Family said...

I can't wait until you post the other pictures. You better hurry up!

Xoxo Grandma said...

Okay, I cried too just reading about your experience. I'm so happy the big day was so wonderful.
I love you all! Aunt Joy