Friday, November 9, 2012

Cove Fort

 September 3, 2012 - On our way home from our weekend in St. George and Vegas, we stopped to see Cove Fort.   Such a neat place to see, with so much history.

 I suppose the fun part about blogging way after the fact, is this:
At the time of our visit to Cove Fort, Kaden was less than thrilled to be there.  Then, on our next drive down to St. George, he saw the sign for Cove Fort and said, "Hey can we stop there again?"  I replied, "Why would you want to stop there?  You didn't even like it last time."  Kaden said, "Now that I'm learning about Utah History in school, I think it would be cool to see it!"  Glad to see he developed an interest.  
 So interesting to be reminded of the conditions of that era. 
Washing all their clothes by hand and hanging them to dry.
Bathing once a week, in a wash basin...in the same water that everyone else used.
Living by lantern and candlelight.
And they had toothbrushes made out bone and pigs hair.  I cannot imagine brushing my teeth with pigs hair.



No comments: