Wednesday, November 7, 2012

First Day of School on my Birthday!

 August 30, 2012 - Joshua had called me requesting that I look into the Charter School here in Kaysville.  When I applied, school had already started about 8 days earlier, so I thought there's no way the boys will get in.  The very next day I received a call saying they had spots for both boys.  I figured, I guess it's meant to be.  But we had not been planning to start school until the day after Labor Day, so, I scrambled around getting all their paperwork completed and buying school uniforms and sent them off to their first day of school on the morning of my birthday.  Kaden started the 4th grade this year and Versii started Kindergarten.
 Josh had to work late, but left me a gorgeous bouquet of flowers, a lovely card, and of course a little candy.  And my sweet neighbor Sam, had the boys and I over for pancakes and waffles.  Thanks Sam!
He also bought me this beautiful necklace with my boys names stamped on it.  
I love it so much!  Thanks Babe!  I'll treasure it forever!

2 comments:

Xoxo Grandma said...

What do you think of the charter school, do you & the boys like it?
Love the necklace, good job Josh.

Joshua and Joy said...

It took awhile to adjust to the charter school. They work at a faster pace than Kaden's last school and they expect more. But I think we have the hang of it now. They didn't like it at first, but now that they have friends the boys seem to be doing better.