Thursday, November 29, 2012

Learning...

 October 29, 2012 - Practicing flashcards with Versii.  
I love this picture of him!  He's learning so much in Kindergarten.  They've already reviewed: all their phonograms, started reading short words, learned about their senses, reviewed the continents and oceans, how to count to 100, basic math of adding doubles and adding 1's, the directions on a compass...just to name a few.  I feel like this charter school is really teaching them a lot, although, they may be moving a little fast for Versii.  He needs extra practice at home with his flashcards.  I'm not going to lie, it's hard to get him to focus and practice willingly...but during those times when he's willing, it's great to see him learn.
I have been starting to teach Paxton, at home.
We're been reviewing colors, the alphabet song, the numbers 1-5 and he can recognize about 14 lowercase letters.  Plus he's learned his left and right.  He says, "This hand's my right hand and this hand's my wrong hand.  Left is wrong."

No comments: