Wednesday, November 24, 2021

Halloween 2021


This year for Halloween, Paxton wanted to be a Jawa from Star Wars. 
We couldn't find the costume online in a kids size, so we ordered the adult size online and then I had to take it in to fit Paxton.  It also came with these foamy bandoliers that attached via velcro at the front.  But Paxton really wanted to find something that had pouches he could actually use. 


Here is the foamy, non-functional bandoliers that came with the costume. 
So I went to the craft store and picked up some brown and black vinyl, buttons and supplies so I could try and make him some.  
Here are my completed bandoliers.  I made them from scratch, using my own pattern and I'm pretty proud of how they turned out.  All the pouches are fully functional, with button closures.  
And the best part, is Paxton loved them!  



For myself, I made a super last minute "Chill Pill" costume!  
I had some pink tulle that I attached to a hair clip and attached little pills made with cardstock and marker, then used foam board to make a giant chill pill.  
It was actually very therapeutic to sit and color the materials for this costume and I'm happy with how it turned out.  It was just what the doctor ordered, after the week we had to just "Chill".  

Versii, also came up with a very last minute costume: A Golfer.  
Since Josh was out of town with his golf clubs packed in the truck, I was able to find a golf club to borrow from a neighbor.  I laughed, because I told Versii that most golfers wear polo shirts, but he said all his friends thought he looked like a "Grandpa Golfer" in his button-up and tie.


October 30: Trunk or Treat at our Ward Harvest Party
Versii hanging out with friends, helping to pass out candy during Trunk or Treat.
October 31, 2021: 
The boys both went out Trick or Treating on Halloween.
Paxton ended up going house to house on his own, while I followed along in my car.  And Versii had me drop him off to trick or treat with friends.
They both came home with a mass of candy!

***
Josh went golfing with his brother, Jordan, in Colorado on Halloween.


Jamie hanging out at their house.


 

No comments: