Saturday, August 20, 2022

Versii at FSY

July 11, 2022
I drove Versii and his friend Reed up to the University of Puget Sound in Tacoma for FSY (For the Strength of the Youth) conference.  They basically get to live in the dorms for a week and attend classes with motivational speakers, have devotionals, activities and dances.  I went to EFY as a youth and loved it, so I'm glad that Versii wanted to go!
You have to be at least 14 to attend FSY, so Paxton will be able to go next time.
The grounds at the University of Puget Sound are just gorgeous and I love the old building with vines growing on them.  So beautiful!  


Versii and some of his friends.
Only two people can room together and Versii had an odd number in his group, and didn't know anyone to room with that didn't already have a roommate, so he roomed with a kid that he didn't know.  But we were able to request that he be in a group with his friend's Jeremiah and Ryan, which they accommodated.
Versii ended up being in the room directly across from his friends and his room had a tiny fridge and microwave.  So he joked that his dorm was the "rich dorm" as apparently not all dorm rooms had microwaves and mini fridges. 

Versii in his room.




Boys are funny!  After Versii got home from FSY, I asked him to send me the pictures he had from the week.  All I got were multiple photos of his counselor, Sean and this one photo below, of Versii laying in the grass.  No group photos or anything else LOL!  They apparently loved their counselor, who called them his entourage and Versii said that they started calling themselves "the Seantourage".

A funny photo they made of their counselor, who they said loved Lucky Charms!
***
When Versii got back, I asked how it was and he said, "At first I thought it was going to be like scout camp and then I quickly realized, this is not like scout camp at all.  There was a Spirit there and it was so awesome!"

 

No comments: