Sunday, June 8, 2008

Beverly Beach, Oregon - Darren & Kate's Wedding 6.7.2008

This weekend we drove up to Beverly Beach (by Newport) for my brother Darren's wedding. We helped with the decorations and decided to go with a beach theme and decorated with lots of seashells and blue. It was so much fun. The kids loved the fact that they all got to pick out shells to take home.

Josh & Versii on the beach waiting for the wedding to start. Quite a breezy day.
Darren and Kate sharing their vows with one another.
The first kiss.


Just married.
Me and my cousin's wife Anna.

...Presenting Mr. and Mrs. Thatcher.
He was nice...
...She, not so much.
Cake anyone?
Our beautiful Oregon Coast. The forecast for the entire week was rain, but we had dry skies for the ceremony. We could have done without the wind though.
Kaden had fun playing in the sand. He found out that his pail was "too heavy" after filling it up with sand.

Versii also had fun in the sand. Once he figured out he could pick up sand with that shovel, he just wouldn't stop.
Josh took the boys down to the ocean water and Kaden had fun playing "Chicken with the waves." He played with his cousins earlier in the day and was taken out by a wave coming from the side and got completely soaked. But he had so much fun.

Our little Versii was not so happy to have been taken off the beach to clean up.
After the wedding reception wrapped up, we headed out to the Yaquina Bay Lighthouse.

...And then, to finish out the night, we watched fireworks from the balcony of our hotel room. Kate and Darren happened to plan their wedding on "Graduation Saturday" as the locals called it. Quite the celebration going on in town. I don't remember having a fireworks show to celebrate my graduation.
...And for Joshua, the icing on the cake was driving Uncle Karl's BMW, The James Bond Car. The fastest and most expensive car he'll ever drive.

4 comments:

Clayton and Camea said...

Great Pictures! I'm glad that I got to see the wedding...we're really sorry that we were so late! It was so fun seeing you!

The Lara Family said...

After seeing all those pictures I feel kind of left out! I hope you all at least missed me!

guerry girls said...

It was so much fun seeing every one last week! I just wish that I could get up to Portland more!

Darren and Kate said...

Joy - thank you SO much for all of your hard work. I am very happy, honored and blessed to have you for my new sister in law!