Friday, June 20, 2008

Is Anyone In There?


"Is anyone in there?"...This is the question that is constantly being asked at our house. Our bathroom door didn't have a lock, being an old house. And because of the baby, we are always having to keep the door closed to avoid such messes like:
...the toilet paper being completely unraveled
...Versii playing in the trash
...Versii pulling everything out of the drawers
...and my favorite - Versii playing in the toilet water or putting something in the toilet. YUK!
Due to the fact that the door is often closed, it raises the question, "Is someone in there or is the door just closed?
Anyway, since it seems that only 97% of the time someone knocks on the bathroom door before entering...Dad decided to install this lock.
Now we no longer have to worry about the 3% of the time that someone forgets to knock. (Not to name names, but it's often Kaden.) ...And I'm happy to report that Kaden is quite observant of the new door label. I just sent him to the bathroom and he said, "Oh, I can't go in yet, it says occupied in red."

5 comments:

The Lara Family said...

That is so funny, but wouldn't a regularlock have worked just as well?

Joshua and Joy said...

Perhaps...but this is what Dad brought home. He talked about getting one once and we all laughed, but now we have it.

Nicole W. said...

LOL...that is HILARIOUS!
what a conversation starter when people come over and need to use your bathroom, huh? haha
and I was laughing so hard about Versii...
My sisters daughter once went in and came out with a used panti liner! So count your blessings! can you imagine her embarassment??! i just about DIED when she told me that!!!!!

Joshua and Joy said...

Nicole, that's awful. I think I would die. Consider my blessings counted.

Clayton and Camea said...

Your dad is so funny! On eof my favorite uncles. Now there's no confusion!